What Are The Flu Symptoms?
The combination of a cough cold and fever can really get you down. The flu has been around for so long that now contracting it is a matter of everyday living. It is with such ease that we declare that someone in the family is down with the flu and that precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of the condition. The onset of the condition can be triggered by a number of factors and indulgences.
What Are The Causes Of Flu Symptoms?
Influenza or flu is caused by a virus. There are 3 kinds of influenza virus – A, B, and C. Flu Symptoms for Types A and B are respiratory illness, while for Type C are mild fever and feeling of weakness. While the flu virus can be detected within 24 hours, the person who is infected with the virus is contagious for 7 days.
• Generally high fever with body ache
• Feeling of weakness and extreme tiredness,
• Dry cough
• There may also be severe stomach ache with nausea and vomiting
• Children may also suffer from diarrhea and a running nose
• Get plenty of rest
• Avoid any kind of physical exertion
• Wash your hands frequently
• Avoid alcoholic beverages
• Drink lots of juices and nourishing soups. Ordinary water does not contain enough potassium and sodium, therefore it is better to drink water which has an ORS (Oral Rehydration Solution) mixed in. Gatorade is good too, for hydration and energy Water with salt and sugar, or even rice water is hydrating. Orange juice supplies vitamin C, while mashed bananas are a good source of potassium
• Take an expectorant in case you have a cough
• Steam inhalation is wonderful for clearing the congestion in the nose and throat, which are part of the flu symptoms. Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil, or even a few slices of ginger to the water
• Keep away from anyone who has the flu, since it is highly contagious
• If you have a cough, or are sneezing, make sure to use a handkerchief or soft tissue, so that you do not cause the virus to spread
• There are over-the-counter medicines like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. It is better to avoid aspirin, especially for children
• Take the flu vaccine
Flu virus Symptoms
How to Treat Flu Symptoms?
Flu symptoms can be successfully treated and wiped off the domestic and work front if dealt with on time. None of the symptoms should essentially be neglected, especially in the light of knowing that they follow a persistent trend of occurrence. It pays to research and understand the condition and especially the trigger factors to be able to challenge the onslaught at the very beginning. Flu symptoms are easy to detect and treat and hygiene and general precaution in the common areas of interaction and socialization go a long way in keeping the pandemic at bay.