Flu Virus Symptoms
Do you really know what flu virus symptoms are?
Getting down under the flu virus is a real ordeal. The condition ushers in body pain and even fatigue as it abates. The virus thrives in certain conditions and it is but natural that the hygiene maintained and diet play a vital role in prevention and cure of the condition. The virus like any other is a slow combatant. It is very important to understand the trigger factor to be able to sort the condition and take to medication and rest. The medical fraternity the world over is always geared to deal with the condition, but being knowledgeable yourself helps a lot.
Flu Virus Symptoms – Causes and Treatments
Flu virus symptoms
Flu or Influenza is caused by a virus. It is the respiratory system that is attacked by the flu virus. The virus spreads through air and through contact with any surface that might be infected. People who show flu virus symptoms should be isolated and treated. Aerosols also cause the virus to spread rapidly.
• Headache and severe body ache,, especially in the joints
• Feeling hot and cold
• Shivering and chills
• Sore throat
• Loss of appetite
• A feeling of great weakness and tiredness
• Watering eyes, and running nose
• Children also suffer from diarrhoea and stomach pain
• Use of detergents and disinfectants as and where required
• Wash hands as often as possible
• Do not share any crockery or cutlery with those who are down with the flu
• Cover your nose and mouth while sneezing, blowing your nose or when coughing
• Get plenty of rest
• Drink lots of hydrating and nourishing fluids
• Avoid alcohol
• Avoid taking aspirin. Children, especially, should completely avoid aspirin
• The vaccine taken most commonly is the Trivalent Influenza Vaccine or the TIV.
• Antiviral drugs such as neuraminidase inhibitors, which are not toxic, can be taken under the supervision of a doctor. Tamiflu and Relenza can also be taken, but under the care of a doctor, who will be able to diagnose the problem after observation of flu virus symptoms
• Take acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for relief from fever and body ache
Do you have flu virus symptoms?
The flu virus symptoms
is something that spreads on contact. Since the condition results in a pandemic in little or no time at all, it is very important to spread community awareness towards the onslaught and consequences. The condition is completely treatable. However, the resultant weakness and fatigue could be quite a health malady without the right intake and monitored rest.
Do you want to know more about flu virus symptoms? Check Our Site Regularly to keep Updated.