Stomach Flu Symptoms
Do you really know what stomach flu symptoms are?
Stomach flu, as the name suggests, is the flu (cough, cold and fever) that is the result of an infection or is in some way triggered off by a stomach dominated condition. The flu, like its counterparts that go by various other names such as swine flu and bird flu too, takes a toll on general well being and family health. It calls for a little more attention towards the consumption of meals and food components since the digestive tract is involved. This flu starts off with mild symptoms that keep building as the condition worsens, if neglected.
Stomach Flu Symptoms – Causes and Treatments
Stomach flu is actually gastroenteritis. This is caused when there is an irritation in the stomach and intestines. Stomach flu is generally caused by bacteria, though it may also be caused by parasites and certain viruses which are found in the soil. These enter the stomach through the mouth. Eating spoiled or stale food, and drinking contaminated water are the most common ways in which these bacteria or viruses or parasites enter the stomach, producing stomach flu symptoms. The viruses that cause gastroenteritis are the adenovirus that attacks infants and small children causing vomiting and diarrhea, Rotovirus, which causes diarrhea and severe stomach pain, the Calcivirus which causes vomiting, tiredness and body ache, and the Astrovirus which attacks those who have low immunity levels.
• Diarrhoea, stomach pain and cramps
• Fever, body ache and headache
• Dehydration, nausea and vomiting
• Weakness, and a feeling of lethargy
Stomach Flu Symptoms
• Quarantine those with stomach flu, so that there is no danger of the disease spreading
• Vegetables and fruits should be washed with alum
• Drink plenty of hydrating fluids, including ORS solutions, rice water with honey and cinnamon, broths, and nourishing soups to combat stomach flu symptoms
• Include yoghurt, mashed bananas, applesauce, dry toast, and boiled and mashed vegetables
• Avoid deep-fried food and caffeine
• Avoid alcohol
• Wash your hands often so that your hands are very clean always
• Make sure the nails are kept short and clean
Do you have stomach flu symptoms?
Flu in any form calls for attention and immediate measures to arrest the condition. Stomach flu symptoms manifests itself after the infection has set in and hence calls for more attention to detail as far as diet and personal hygiene is concerned. It is very important to remember that the condition really takes a severe toll on the immune system of the patient and that is why plenty of rest and monitored meal intake forms the basic instructions for recuperation.
Do you want to know more about stomach flu symptoms? Check Our Site Regularly to keep Updated.