Swine Flu Symptoms
Review common swine flu symptoms
The turn of the century has been marked by the epidemic of the condition referred to as swine flu. Interestingly, the precautions taken to prevent the onslaught of the condition were more stringently applied than those recommended for the silent and faster killers in the form of the HIV virus and even Tuberculosis. Swine flu trigger factors lie in the immediate environment within which we carry on our routine interactions and the condition is completely treatable. However, it does you good to get an education on the condition and take the preventive measures well in time.
What Should I do if I Identify Swine Flu Symptoms?
The A-H1N1/09 which stands for Influenza A, Novel H1N1, year 2009 virus causes Swine flu. Since this virus has strains of pig and bird flu, the human system does not have immunity against it the swine flu symptoms. This is why it spreads so easily. Also, since the virus mutates easily, there are many strains of this virus.
• Sore throat, cold and cough
• Running nose
• Body ache and tiredness
• Headache, shivering
• Nausea and vomiting
• Loss of appetite
Swine Flu Symptoms
• Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a clean handkerchief or tissue. Ensure that you change these as frequently as possible
• Wash your hands as often as possible, or use hand sanitizers
• Do not touch your face, eyes, mouth or nose
• Avoid crowded areas
• It is better not to visit those who have been infected and who show swine flu symptoms
• Get plenty of rest and avoid all physical exertion
• Drink lots of hydrating fluids and remain as much as you can on a healthy liquid dominated diet
• Contact a doctor as quickly as possible in case you have any doubt
• Do not get yourself vaccinated with Tamiflu unless your doctor prescribes it and do not at any point in time indulge in self medication
Get more information on swine flu symptoms
Interestingly, it is also to be noted that swine flu is easily contracted by people with weak immune systems. The onslaught beginning quite the same way as the common known flu, it is easy to sideline the swine flu symptoms as negligible. But, considering that the pandemic is only now showing signs of abating, it is important to keep personal hygiene at the helm to prevent another resurgence of the weakening condition.
Do you want to know more about swine flu symptoms? Check Our Site Regularly to keep Updated.